Swimming Pool Fun in the Sun......Might Just Bleed you Dry.


This post is for all you swimming pool owners.  Does it seem all you do is pour money into your pool?  All those chemicals the pool store tells you to buy will cost you a fortune.  Don't do it!  I rarely use anything in my pool (7 yrs old) except plain old chlorine bleach.  Yes, the same bleach you buy at Wal-Mart to get your laundry white.  That's about it...bleach.  Do I ever buy "shock"...NO.  Do I buy algaecide....NO. 
Keep your water at a range of 1-3ppm of chlorine and the other junk is not necessary.  Click HERE to got to a Pool Forum to learn how to do this.  The pool store will try to sell you all kinds of totally unnecessary stuff to help THEM, not you.  Buy a $10 water tester at Wal-Mart and some laundry bleach, that's about all you should ever need.  I usually pour in about half a gallon of bleach each day (cost is around $1.25 a day).  If your water has low or high ph levels, use baking soda or muratic acid to correct it.  Don't buy the expensive pool supply junk, it is the same thing.  I run the pump about 8 hours a day and my pool stays sparkly clear.  Time for a swim......